How to use a Big Blue Button asset on a Canvas page

Jump to solution
MattRyan1906
Community Member

I'm creating audio and visual conference material using BBB and I want to use them as listening (audio) and watching (visual) assets on my Canvas pages.

Is it possible to download or link the conference material to use on a Canvas page?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cromijn
Instructure
Instructure

Hey there @MattRyan1906 ,

I have spent some time looking into the options that would potentially allow the video recordings and audio to be added to a Canvas page. Depending on the type of BigBlueButton account you have will determine what options are available. With a free version, recordings will provide a link to view the content of the BigBlueButton meeting. When using a Premium version of BigBlueButton, there is an option to download the video recording. This opens up options to embed the video directly into a Canvas page as well as the possibility to use a tool to strip the audio from the meeting and then embed that audio file into a Canvas page. The audio stripping would require the use of non-Canvas software or tools as Canvas does not have a tool that performs that specific task.

I hope this helps answer your questions related to the BigBlueButton recordings. Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance!!

View solution in original post