cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooopteee
Community Member

Hyperlinks for custom calendars??

Jump to solution

I've created a separate .jpg class calendar for my special ed class. (The calendar built into Canvas is too "busy" and it will confuse my kiddos.) Is there any way to create individual links for each day of the week? I'd like my students to be able to click on the correct day, which will lead them to a page that has my daily activities. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
G_Petruzella
Community Champion

Thanks for the shoutout @chofer - @hooopteee , the only thing I'll add to that old code post is a nice free online image map creator tool - https://www.image-map.net/ which you may find useful. Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @hooopteee ...

Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered for such a long time.  What you are asking for is basically an image map where when students roll over parts of an image, they can click on a date to navigate to another page in your course.  I can understand why you'd want to create something like this for your students, but you should also make sure that the image is accessible, too.  I searched the Community, and I found an old posting from @G_Petruzella called Basic Clickable Image Map: code-snippet.  I'm not sure his code still works (assuming it still does?), so you'd have to try it out on your own before implementing it in your course.

If you have any questions about that code, I would recommend that you post the question to Gerol's link I've provided above...as I'm sure he would be happy to help.

Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

G_Petruzella
Community Champion

Thanks for the shoutout @chofer - @hooopteee , the only thing I'll add to that old code post is a nice free online image map creator tool - https://www.image-map.net/ which you may find useful. Good luck!

View solution in original post