cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyreagan
Community Member

I am having trouble importing a course into a new course

Jump to solution

I am having trouble importing a course into a new course and this is the error message I get:

• Canvas Common Cartridge
    file not available
    Jul 19 at 7:39am
    Failed
    • file size exceeds quota limits: 386,331,294 bytes

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi again,  @emilyreagan 

Yes, for the course copy process you have to be enrolled at a teacher-level role in the course you are copying from.

Is the course taught by someone at your school? If so, the simply ask your eLearning folks to give you teacher access or copy the content for you.  We do this all the time for our faculty.

Either way you go - course copy or upload import file, you will need to contact your school's eLearning folks.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emilyreagan  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I see you are importing using an export file and have exceeded your school's course quota limit. Have you tried simply copying directly from the other course? You can learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077 

If that also does not work, or the other course is unavailable in your account because you are copying from Canvas Commons, then you will need to contact your Canvas Admin/Support department at your school and get the quota raised.

Kelley

how can I copy a course when I don't have it?  When I go to the Copy a Canvas Course there is no option for the cpurse I am trying to copy?

Hi again,  @emilyreagan 

Yes, for the course copy process you have to be enrolled at a teacher-level role in the course you are copying from.

Is the course taught by someone at your school? If so, the simply ask your eLearning folks to give you teacher access or copy the content for you.  We do this all the time for our faculty.

Either way you go - course copy or upload import file, you will need to contact your school's eLearning folks.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos