I cross listed a full class into a empty class and now I can not see my original class. Geometry B

Jump to solution
MARLYROSA
Community Novice

I cross listed a full class into a empty class and now I can not see my original class. Geometry B into Geometry B night.

my email is rosam@lisd.net

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chadscott
Community Contributor

Hello,

You can decrosslist your course by going to Settings > Sections (at the top) and then click the blue link for Geometry B (or whichever is the full section). On the right side, you should see a "decrosslist" button.

That will separate them back out. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-de-cross-list-a-section-in-a-course-as-...

If you don't see the button or have trouble, please contact your district Canvas admin team for further assistance.

Cheers,
Chad Scott
Katy ISD

View solution in original post

gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @MARLYROSA 

Just to add to what @chadscott stated.  That is expected behavior for cross-listing.  Your enrollment as the teacher is moved from the original course into the new course. You no longer have access to the original course. Note, cross-listing only moves the enrollments, it does not move any content or work students have completed or submitted. 

How do I cross-list a section in a course as an in... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

View solution in original post