cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmrozarb
Community Contributor

If I submit a grade of zero for an assignment in speed grader, then go back and delete the grade...will the assignment reset?

If I submit a grade of zero for an assignment in speed grader, then go back and delete the grade...will the assignment reset? The requirements in the course are that the student score at least a zero. The teacher has done this so the student can progress through the module without waiting for her to grade an assignment when their submissions are blank....#reset assignments.  

Tags (1)
2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

If by "reset" you mean that Canvas will replace the 0 with the default ungraded/dash symbol,  @hmrozarb  , you are correct. In fact, I have even just manually typed in a dash myself in the gradebook and that will work, too.  

However, be aware that if the student had submitted a file to an online file submission-type of assignment (which is likely not the case, here, under the circumstances you described) OR submitted an online quiz (ditto), this "trick" will not work.  In the former, the student will still see that an assignment has been submitted, and in the latter the quiz settings would have to be modified to allow the student another online quiz attempt.  But for basic, "no submission" types of things then, yes, backspacing over the 0 or just manually typing in a dash will do the trick.  I hope this helps!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

This work around might give you more info on this - https://community.canvaslms.com/people/kona