Image flipping when uploaded to course card

Jump to solution
najohnson
Community Member

I have used Canvas for many years so I am not new to the product. This week, as I was adding pictures to my course cards, the images displayed upside down. When I upload the same photos to Files, they invert as well, but they do not do that in the body of the Canvas course if I upload them from my computer (I write a short blurb about the photo on the course card with the same picture displayed beside it). Any ideas about how to correct this?

I have edited photos and rotated them until they are upside down and then tried to upload them to the course cards that way hoping they would display properly, but they still display upside down .

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello  @najohnson 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with uploading images to your course  cards. That is certainly abnormal behavior and may be your  browser or device causing the issue. It  sounds like the  images are flipping when uploaded to the  course card uploader under settings and files as well, but they do not invert when uploading them to say, a page or discussion? It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you still are experiencing issues,  you may want to contact  Canvas Support directly in order to  pinpoint a source of  the issue,  and provide a solution.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767  

View solution in original post