Images in speedgrader totally inconsistent?

Jump to solution
bernardo
Community Participant

One of my assignments requires students to post a meme in a canvas discussion page. In speedgrader sometimes the image is embedded, sometimes I have to click the link on the right frame to see it embedded (and it takes an unacceptably long time to load that way), other times I have to click the link in the main frame to download the image and view it in an external editor, and still other times canvas opens up a new page to show me the image in the course file folder. It doesn't seem to matter if the image extension is jpg, gif, etc.; how to get canvas to embed them all consistently?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @bernardo 

Thanks for posting this in the Community. 

There are a couple things that might be impacting the way the images showup in Speedgrader. 

Without being able to look at your examples, here is what comes to mind from my own personal experience:

• Sometimes it depends on how the student submitted it. If they used the attach feature on the discussion reply, instead of actually embedding it, you will sometimes have to click to load the image from Speedgrader. 
  • It could be the file type. Canvas has a few file types that can be previewed by the doc viewer. You can see that HERE is you want. If they attach or embed a non supported file/image, type you might encounter issues viewing it in Speedgrader. 
  • It could also be an issue with the image/file being corrupted when they submitted. 
  • In some cases, the students discussion reply might need to be re-rendered. This is rare, but Canvas support can take a look and determine if that is the case. 

All in all, if you are seeing this consistently, it might be best to have Support take a look at some of your examples so that they can determine what is causing the issue.

I hope this helps! 

-Colton

View solution in original post