Imported class with broken assignments

AmyKoppenhafer
Community Novice

I imported a course and now half of my assignments and quizzes are broken. They show up in Modules, but when I click on them it kicks me back to the course home page and gives me an error message ("Couldn't find valid settings for this link").

I moved districts and tried to take my course with me. I downloaded the course and put it on the Commons to access it at my new school. I tried importing both from the download and the Commons with the same result. The first Canvas rep I chatted with suggested that it was an issue with external tools because many of my assignments use Nearpod. But none of my quizzes built with New Quizzes will work either. (I already hate New Quizzes for how glitchy they are, but this is so much worse. How has Canvas neglected to tell teachers that New Quizzes cannot be exported to the Commons OR downloaded?! I never would have used them at all if I knew that they would all just vanish!) I tried chatting with customer support and their answer was basically, "Yeah, that sucks. Nothing we can do."

Honestly, I am devastated because it looks like my only option is to completely rebuild half of each of my courses. Some of my tests only existed in Canvas and now they're gone. It's hundreds of hours of work up in smoke. I don't understand how this happened or how to prevent it in the future. 

If anyone asks, I'll just be sobbing under my desk.😭

Labels (2)
0 Likes