Imported discussions

Jump to solution
TDR1
Community Member

After importing a Canvas course into a new shell, is it possible to change the availability dates for multiple discussions at once?  I have had to go in and edit each and every discussion post...but there must be an easier way that I don't know about!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

If the Discussions are graded, then they will show up in your Assignments. When you go into Assignments, click on the 3 dots in the upper righthand corner. Then choose "Edit Assignment Dates." There you are can change the date for multiple items at once.

View solution in original post

Hello there, @TDR1 ...

Even though you can set "Available From" and "Until" dates for a discussion topic that is not graded, I don't think there is a place for you in Canvas to bulk update those dates, unfortunately.  What @SusanNiemeyer has described is meant for graded work...on the "Assignments" index page.  Also, this "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) created by @James Jones does something similar (but uses a Google spreadsheet), but I do not think that it is able to change non-graded discussion topics.  Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

You could certainly submit this as a Feature Idea here in the Community, though.  That way you could see what kind of support it might get from other Community members here.  The following Guides will help with Feature Idea creation:

Finally, the Guide containing the steps that @SusanNiemeyer referenced above can be found here: How do I bulk update due dates and availability da... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I hope this extra bit of information will be of some help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes