Importing Assignment help

Jump to solution
aalthage
Community Novice

I am trying to copy an assignment from one course to another.  When I go to import the assignment, I am able to import without any problems.  However, when I go to the course that I imported the assignment into, the assignment looks completely different such as all of my questions are missing.  It actually looks like I am trying to build a brand new assignment with the same name.  Any thoughts as to what I did wrong when I imported the assignment or if I need to change a setting?

Thanks

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@aalthage ,

Welcome to the Canvas Community! 

Is the assignment that you are copying an assignment that was actually built in Canvas?  A lot of publishers are providing what are called External assignments that use the Canvas Assignments tool.  These assignments are built in the publisher's system and then linked to the Assignment tool in Canvas using the External Tool option.  I know that these types of assignments do not copy over from one course to another.

If this is not the case, I would recommend opening a ticket with Instructure Support from Help > Report a Problem.

Robbie

View solution in original post