ashkenworthy

Improving SEO for a public Canvas Course

I am putting together an open-access public course and am wondering if there are any ways to improve the SEO of the course's individual pages.

I've look around at the course settings and for anything that can be inserted into the page's HTML, but haven't really found anything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't know that there are many strategies that would promote one public Canvas course over another.  You would want to be specific with your course title and code.  The only thing I could think of that might improve your optimization would be perhaps to write up a comprehensive course description.  You can do that in your course Settings  >>  Course Details (tab)  >>  Description (at the bottom of the page).  Again, I don't know if that would really impact your SEO, but it might help.  Last thing you could try is to make the license public domain (again, on the Course Details tab) just to make sure it doesn't get held back with any copyright or licensing filters.

0 Kudos
SebasSianLeblan

Search marketing is a great way to target potential customers and drive more traffic to your website. It can also help you generate more leads and convert those leads into customers.

0 Kudos
MargoDavis

I can definitely relate to trying to improve the SEO for a course! I recently went through the same process for a course I created. One thing that really helped me was working with an SEO consultant. They were able to give me specific recommendations for improving the visibility of the course pages. Some of the things they suggested included optimizing the page titles and descriptions, adding alt tags to images, and incorporating keywords throughout the content. If you're still struggling with SEO, I highly recommend reaching out to a consultant for guidance.

0 Kudos