Including answer keys in a quiz

Jump to solution
MichaelDavey
Community Novice

Hi all,

I am making a quiz in Canvas (I'm the instructor) with some short answer questions that will be marked by a human marker. I would like to add the answer keys to the quiz, but do it in such a way that the answer keys do not appear to the students after they submit the quiz. I am using the "general answer comments" box that you get with essay questions but these comments seem to always go to the students upon submission.

Any ideas on how I can share the answer keys with markers only through Canvas? Or will I have to give the markers the answer keys in a separate document entirely?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@MichaelDavey There is not really a way to have a key in the Classic version of quizzes that does not show to the students.  If you use the new version of quizzes, "New Quizzes" then there is a Grading Notes area.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.00.55 AM.png

New Quizzes is still very much in development but can be used if turned on.  If your institution has enabled New Quizzes and you do not see it as an option when creating a quiz, this means it is not turned on in your course as it is still a feature option.  Go to your course settings and then the "Feature Options" tab.  Then check the box to turn on "New Quizzes".  This will then give you a prompt when you create a quiz that allows you to choose if you want a classic quiz or a new one.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post