cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tennesseevols20
Community Participant

Incorporating Google Drive

Jump to solution

How do we get the new update that has Google Drive in the course settings. I saw a You Tube video on how to incorporate Google Drive into Canvas and in the settings was a Google Drive icon; thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viicqezKrDY

How to Incorporate Google Drive Into Canvas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Thank you for providing me with that information,  @tennesseevols20  !  When you look at your course navigation menu, do you see Google Drive listed?  353450_pastedImage_3.png

If so, that means it's available for you to use in your course.  If not, you need to ask your institution's Canvas admin/IT Dept to help you with getting it set up.  Please reply if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Hi  @tennesseevols20  and welcome to the Canvas community!  Before we go further, are you a Canvas admin at your institution?  I am assuming you are, but please confirm.  Thanks!

tennesseevols20
Community Participant

No, I am a teacher trying to learn how to operate this management system

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Thank you for providing me with that information,  @tennesseevols20  !  When you look at your course navigation menu, do you see Google Drive listed?  353450_pastedImage_3.png

If so, that means it's available for you to use in your course.  If not, you need to ask your institution's Canvas admin/IT Dept to help you with getting it set up.  Please reply if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tennesseevols20
Community Participant

No, I am in the free teacher account. I guess I need to wait for the district accounts to be established. 

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Would you be able to ask your district Canvas admin to provide you with a Sandbox course in the meantime?  A Sandbox course is the ability to have a course that you can test and play with.  This way, you would have access to Google Drive.  

Also, you should be able to install Google Drive with a free teacher account.  Please go into your course settings using your Course Navigation menu.  Next, click on the "Apps" tab.  Do a search for Google.  Click on "Google Apps" when it appears and then "Add app." That should add the app to your course.  Please let me know what happens and if you are successful.

353451_pastedImage_1.png

tennesseevols20
Community Participant

Asks for Consumer Key and Shared Secret

tennesseevols20
Community Participant

Used login and PW; was able to install it; thank you!!!!!!!!

I received this when I clicked on it in settings: 

Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin.

I was able to generate my own by clicking on the link; guess I should read entire thing