Inexplicable Differences in Formatting/Presentation of Quiz Responses

jfraser
Community Member

Hi! I use and love Quizzes in Canvas.  My question is about a difference I'm observing (and not understanding) in how quiz responses are appearing after submitting a Quiz.  Attached is a screenshot I took of the corrected responses after using the "Preview."  As you can see, I'm using the "multiple dropdown" mode, allowing students to see responses, and have input comments for incorrect responses. Notice the difference between "Question 6" and "Question 7." 

In "Question 6," the "student's" responses are inserted at the appropriate places in the prompt, and the incorrect response (Answer 2) is identified by the presence of my comment.  I like this format/presentation. 

In "Question 7," the "student's" responses are NOT inserted at the appropriate places in the prompt, but the dropdown menus appear instead, just as the prompt appeared while taking the quiz.  The incorrect response (Answer 1) is again identified by the presence of my comment.  I do not really like this format/presentation.

Do you know what might be causing the differences, and how I could make sure that all responses are presented as with "Question 6"?  I have looked at both questions in the quiz builder and they are built and formatted the exact same way (as far as I can tell).  Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot showing differences in presentation of answers in Canvas Quiz

0 Likes