cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckinna
Community Member

Integrate Khan Academy into Canvas.

Jump to solution

I would like to integrate the full function of Khan Academy in my Canvas. This would include their comprehensive practice, quizzes, and progression tracking tool. Has anybody in the Canvas community had experience with this, and what do you suggest?

Tags (1)
17 Replies
James
Community Champion

@jzbroderick  

Videos do disappear. It might have been replaced or it might have been obsolete. It might not have lived up to the professional standards of the creator.

I didn't watch it when it was around, but it was probably demoing the Khan Academy app in the EduAppCenter.

Here is another video I found: Khan Academy Classes and Embedding in Canvas - YouTube 

mchaus
Community Member

I followed the directions from this YouTube video, but when I click on Khan Academy in the External Tools, I get this blank menu Capture.PNG

I absolutely agree. We should be able to assign work in Khan Academy through Canvas and have the it automatically graded. There is no way that I can create the interactive content that Khan Academy has! Why can't we do this?

lisaschlottman
Community Member

Yes! 100% agree!

leanna_mcdonald
Community Member

I'm reaching the same screen as mchaus has posted above.  I also don't have the green leaf in my Rich Content Editor but Khan Academy is listed as an external tool when I go through assignments and submission type. 

Is this because my district hasn't enabled the feature or is there another reason?

bunzejj
Community Member

I came across this thread last spring looking for a way to make this work. Unfortunately, Khan Academy's API is non-existent anymore making a direct integration difficult. So, since last spring I've been working on making a way to make the two communicate as best as possible. I developed an application built on a Google spreadsheet that reads in Khan Academy CSV files and automatically sends the scores to your Canvas grade book. It does take a little bit to set up because it needs a way to match students in Khan and Canvas. The link below will take you to a website that has the spreadsheet and extensive documentation on it and how to set it up. I linked a demo video below to see it in action. Hope it helps someone! Feel free to report any bugs to me.

Demo: https://youtu.be/oQoVrhpp7R0

View solution in original post

Documentation: https://apps.joshbunzel.com/docs/khan2canvas/
0 Kudos
elad33
Community Participant

It would be great to be able to integrate the Khan Academy Practices with Canvas. I appreciate the Sheets based work-around that was offered (very impressive work), but that plan is not a robust solution for most of us. This topic should not be tagged as solved. 

If you're interested in seeing a deeper integration, please send that request to Khan Academy and ask them if they'd be willing to devote development resources to such a project.