Is it possible for assignments to come over unpublished rather than published from a previous year's course to the current year's course?

Jump to solution
munozlee
Community Member

At the beginning of each year, when teachers are copying content from last year's courses into this year's courses - why does everything come over already published?  It seems it would make more sense if the content came over unpublished so that teacher could publish what they want their students to see at the beginning of the school year.  Most teacher do not want students to see the content for the entire year at the beginning of the school year.  Going through the entire course (times however many courses the teacher teaches)  and unpublishing assignments is time consuming and daunting for teachers during a busy time of the year.  Is there anyway this could be switched so that the assignments pass over unpublished?  Or is there a way to bulk unpublish assignments rather than going one by one? Thank you for your consideration!

1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Lee,

I have had a look on the forums to see if anyone had raised this idea in the past and it turns out they have!

I would suggest you jump over to that last one and add your vote.

If you are technically inclined there are ways you could do this with some scripts, is that something that is up your alley (coding/scripting and the like)? If so, please let me know and I can share this with a group that can help give you some additional insights.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Likes