Is it possible to link a calendar event to a module?

Jump to solution
stevenwl
Community Novice

I would like to link a calendar event from within a module similar to how a page is linked. When the link is clicked it would open up to the student calendar which would give them details about the event. 

Thank you! 

2 Solutions
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Steven Williamson,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to set up an Event in a course and add the link to it in the module, right?

Calendar event in a module

Ok, so here's what I did:

1. Create an event in the course calendar
  2. Went to the Agenda
  3. Select the event so it opens a modal window
  4. Right click on the title and choose Copy Link address
  5. Back in Modules, added an External Link and used the link address and did not choose to load it in a new window.

Here's what it looks like from student view, the course menu is duplicated but the event details all display.

Calendar event viewed in a module

So I added "?embedded=true" to the end of the URL and got rid of the course navigation menu, but the display is a little cropped.

Calendar event viewed in a module but cropped top

So up to you how you want it to display, but yes, you can add a Calendar event to the Module using the External Link option.

Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

tpha
Community Novice

It would be wonderful with an option to create an internal link, instead of an external: as i have understood, the external link will have to be updated every time content is moved to a new years course , as it is an absolute link?

Thure

View solution in original post

0 Likes