cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d-gerstenberger
Community Member

Is it possible to lock a tab so that instructors cannot move it?

Jump to solution

We would like to add a navigation tab for an app and prevent it from being moved or removed by instructors.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@d-gerstenberger 

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

The ability to lock items on the Course Navigation menu does not currently exist in Canvas.  I did a quick search of the requested feature ideas and did not seeing anything like this.  If you think that this would be a valuable addition to Canvas, I would recommend creating a new feature request Ideas‌.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@d-gerstenberger 

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

The ability to lock items on the Course Navigation menu does not currently exist in Canvas.  I did a quick search of the requested feature ideas and did not seeing anything like this.  If you think that this would be a valuable addition to Canvas, I would recommend creating a new feature request Ideas‌.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast response! It seems as though someone must have asked about persistent Navigation Items before. Not likely something every one needs but for certain links to standard resources that are the same for all courses and students.

I did find these similar posts but still no clear solution.

Dan
James
Community Champion

@Robbie_Grant  is right that you cannot do this natively within Canvas.

This question has come up before and I've given some ways to accomplish it. I wouldn't call it an elegant solution, but there are ways it can be done depending on how much time you want to put into it:Blueprint Courses and Navigation