Is the integration also supported for self hosted canvas users?

Jump to solution
shaolintl
Community Novice

Dear Community members,

I have read the guide for integrating Office 365 LTI into Canvas and wanted to ask for a clarification about the following:

The Office 365 LTI supports Microsoft OneDrive in Canvas and can be enabled at the account, sub-account, or course level in a Canvas production environment. The LTI is not available in the Canvas App Center and must be configured manually by users who have permission to add and edit LTI tools. Integration instructions vary by region:

• United States: Users can generate their own key and secret to install the LTI tool through the EduAppCenter Microsoft Office 365 app page. Instructors in Free-for-Teacher accounts can add the LTI to individual courses.

• Worldwide Regions: Users should contact their Canvas Customer Success Manager (CSM) for region-specific configuration credentials. Office 365 is not currently available for instructors in Free-for-Teacher accounts.

In my school, located in France, we are currently experimenting with Canvas and are running the self hosted version which can be found on github (not a Free-for-Teacher account) and we therefore do not have a CSM. Is there a way for us to use the integration and generate keys and secrets or is this integration available only for paid Canvas accounts?

Best regards,

Tomer

0 Likes
1 Solution
mevans_sales
Community Member

Hi Tomer,

Can we have a discussion about this, I would like to know more about your needs to see if we can get you set up with Canvas and O365? Please send me an email so we can arrange a time to speak: mevans@instructure.com

Thank you

Matthew

View solution in original post