Is there a bug in Group Set? Changing the settings to self-assign doen'st work

Jump to solution
l_j_a_vandenboo
Community Member

It happened to me or to our teachers several times: when you create a Group Set and forget to click the "Allow self sign-up" option, than changing it afterwards doesn't seem to help. This seems like a bug that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @l_j_a_vandenboo 

I was able to test this out in my sandbox and I was not able to replicate the behavior you are describing. I wanted to ask for more information to try and replicate the behavior you are seeing there. 

• Just to verify, if you create a group set in a Canvas course, don't initially enable the setting for "Allow Self Sign-Up" are you unable to edit the group set and select the Self Sign-Up option? Is that option grayed out? 
  • When you initially created the Group Set, what details did you have selected? I'm curious if something such as the Group Structure, or leadership options are impacting the ability to enable the Self-Sign up option. 
  • With the Group Set you initially created, were students added to the groups, and did any submissions take place after you tried to edit the Self Sign-Up option? 

Feel free to clarify the details! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post