Is there a way not to post an assigned assignment to the course calendar?

Jump to solution
beth_schlenker
Community Explorer

Is there a way not to post an assigned assignment to the course calendar?

We use ALEKS in our course, which provides a link for each assignment, which is posting to the calendar. We would like it to NOT post to the calendar.

We created Pages in Canvas for each ALEKS assignment with learning materials (videos & text) included that we would like students to go through prior to starting the assignment in ALEKS. At the bottom of each page is a direct link to the associated assignment. We added "To Do" dates to these pages so that the students can access these pages through the Canvas calendar. This is how we would like students to access their ALEKS assignments.

Or can I disable the calendar?

Thank you for any help.

Best,

Beth Schlenker

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Beth, 

I don't think there is a way to disable the calendar.    It's always interesting to see how people use Canvas differently.

I imagine that if the Pages have due dates, they will have a Page icon on the calendar, and the Assignments also will appear on the calendar, but with an Assignment icon.     Maybe that's not a bad thing to have all those on the calendar if they just  know the difference between the icons.  

I usually show teachers that the Calendar is a tool to help students be organized, but that they should show students to access the content from the course itself.

View solution in original post