Is there a way to sync assignments to another gradebook as missing?

Jump to solution
amy_holtquist
Community Explorer

First is there a way to quickly mark missing assignments as such?  Right now, I am going through and marking all the blanks in my gradebook as missing one by one and it's a bit time consuming.  

Secondly I was forced to tell Canvas what percentage a Missing should have, so I put zero.  I thought about putting fifty percent (so missing assignments don't  completely tank a grade) but I need a way to communicate with parents and students that shows them automatically that they haven't turned assignments in.  If they see 50%, they'll assume they just got a bad grade.

Anyhow, the biggest problem seems to be when Canvas syncs to our district's gradebook on Infinite Campus.  It isn't flagged as missing in IC which is a problem because when we run reports on kids it looks like my students don't have any missing assignments.  Just a bunch of zeroes. I'm afraid if I flag them as missing in IC, it'll just revert to a zero when Canvas syncs again.

My school relies heavily on missing assignment reports so this is messing us up!

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@amy_holtquist  

There are a couple tools that may make your life eaiser!

First, you can set a missing submission policy at the gradebook level and have it apply to assignments once the due date passes!

How do I apply a Missing Submission policy in the Gradebook? 

You can also use the "Message Students Who" feature to reach out to those students that did not submit the assignment.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26341-how-do-i-send-a-message-to-students-from-the-gradeboo... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes