Is there a way yet to export new quizzes as xml files on canvas or is that still just old quizzes?

Jump to solution
JohnathanVargas
Community Member

I can't find a way to export them, only old quizzes or exporting the entire course as an ismcc file.

I did a little research and saw some posts from around 2020 that people were saying its impossible, only old quizzes, has anything changed in the last 3 years? Any new ways?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
TreyI
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there JohnathanVargas! 

I did some testing with a few new quizzes and courses of my own since there does not appear to be specific documentation on exporting new quizzes. I found that exporting quizzes in a course does not include new quizzes. This is because new quizzes are considered "external tool" assignments. 

As you mentioned, you can still export the entire course and import "specific content" into your destination course.  This will give you the option to import the new quizzes which will be under the "assignments" tab in your import.  Depending on what you are trying to do with new quizzes, you can now print them from the instructor's side. Here is a guide on the printing process.  

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post