Issues with the Send a message form the People details page

Jump to solution
studyvs
Community Participant

Sometimes I will send a message to a student from the People page on Canvas, which is convenient, but I found a really annoying bug. When I click on a student's name, the details for that student show up on the right side of the page. It shows the student name, as well as grades and activities. There is an Envelope Icon to the right of the student's name that, when clicked, opens a Send a Message window. After typing out my entire message to a student, I accidentally clicked outside of this window and it went away. No warning that I have typed something and it will disappear, no mention at all to send my message, just POOF, it all just disappeared. While I can easily type back in my message, it was just a waste of time to have it disappear like that. I don't think having the window disappear when clicking outside the message window should cause it to go away. There should at least be some warning.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@studyvs Sorry to hear that! This unfortunate behavior was fixed in the March 3, 2021 deploy.

View solution in original post