Issues with updating new style Canvas quizzes

Rudy558
Community Member

Note:

• I edited/updated the original for clarity and to add a new issue. 

Key Issue:

• Inability to Update Quizzes: Once students start a new style quiz, it can't be modified to correct mistakes (e.g., incorrect answer options), hindering real-time support.
  • Impact: This restriction prevents updates for students who have already started the quiz, resulting in confusion and inconsistent experiences.
  • Request: Is there a way to opt out of this restriction, or could we consider requesting this option? 

More Detail:

Hi Canvas Community,

I’m currently using the new Canvas quiz format to create interactive labs, which has been a game changer for my teaching approach. I appreciate features like building on previous attempts, incorporating stimulus sections, asking questions, and allowing students to upload screenshots of their work.

However, I've encountered a significant issue: when a student reports a problem with the quiz, I’m unable to update the content for everyone due to Canvas’s restriction on changing quizzes once they’ve started. For example, a student recently pointed out that one of the questions was incorrectly labeled, but I couldn’t correct it for students who had already begun the quiz.

This limitation makes it difficult to address issues in real-time and support all students effectively. Is there a way to opt out of this restriction, or could we consider requesting this option? It would greatly enhance my ability to provide a seamless learning experience.

Thank you for your insights!

Labels (3)
0 Likes