Item Bank Random option keeps using exact same questions.

Jump to solution
jharrison51
Community Member

I'm an instructor trying to use the new quiz option to effectively recreate something called JLab. Long story short, it's a 10-item quiz that goes through each option one at a time and provides explanations for the questions. I wanted to set up a canvas quiz to do the same thing for autograding. The idea was for each student to have a completely random set of questions from an item bank, but each student was getting the exact same questions just in different orders. It doesn't matter how many attempts they take, it still gives the same 10 questions from the pool of 26. It's not a matter of the pool being too small, each of the 10 questions is the same for every student. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm sorry it's been so long since you submitted your question, @jharrison51 . This semester is my first using New Quizzes, and I had to check the Canvas Guide document on randomizing questions using an Item Bank several times as I was creating them to do something similar. From what you report it sounds like the Item Banks are not working correctly, and the best place to get help with that is with Canvas technical support.

View solution in original post