Late submissions and requirements

Jump to solution
Whelanch
Community Member

I have set Canvas to deduct 10 percent a day for each day an assignment is late.  Can I still require a student get a 10/10 on a quiz before they can move to the next quiz in the module (I am using sequential requirements within the module)? In other words would using the late penalty feature make it impossible for the student to meet the requirement once they are late? Or will canvas recognize the student got 10 out of 10 questions right, open the next quiz and deduct the penalty after?  

1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@Whelanch -

I looked at the instructor guide page dealing with module restrictions: They do not mention your specific case, so I left a comment asking about adding that information to the page.

Of course that does not answer your question, so I tried it out in my playground with a dummy student.  The score on the quiz without the penalty is used.  matter of fact it shows that score on the module page for the quiz (i.e 10 out of 10).  In the instructors gradebook it shows up with the deduction, but if you click on the grade box it shows the 10/10.  For the student, I am not sure what they see because for some reason my gradebook would not come up for my dummy student.

In any case, it looks like you are okay with the 10/10 restriction on a late policy quiz.

Ron

View solution in original post