Link Student Names to Drop Down Menu in Canvas Survey Quiz Possible?

Jump to solution
TangierClarke
Community Member

Folks, I'd like to have a drop down menu that automatically links to the student names in the class (or class section) so that when students click it, they choose their name as opposed to typing it.  Is there a way this feature of the quiz as survey can be linked to people in the course similar to Google forms can link drop down menus to a list of names? 

I'd rather not have to type each name as possible answer since the data (list of students) is already in Canvas.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @TangierClarke ...

Current classic quizzes/surveys are not really being worked on much any longer...as Instructure is focusing their attention on the New Quizzes interface.  New Quizzes will eventually be the interface that all Canvas customers will be using.  You can read more about this by going to:

Classic Quiz Sunset Timeline (Subscribe!) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

One other option would be to submit a Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community.  This would be an ask for an enhancement to New Quizzes...not Classic Quizzes.  However, since you are still listed as a New Member, you wouldn't be able to submit new ideas until you participate more in the Community.  Here are some documents to look through:

Also, it's important to note that New Quizzes does not really have a survey interface like current Classic Quizzes does.

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I hope this will help in some way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes