Locating Module IDs

Jump to solution
TraceyDeCicco
Community Explorer

I am new to Canvas, and I am using a template. A button on our template links to the Modules page, and then jumps to that specific module on the page. I can see that the link references the module ID, but I can't determine how to find the ID numbers of the modules so I can add additional links that operate the same?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @TraceyDeCicco ...

I'm not exactly sure why you would really need to know the module ID numbers.  This is all handled for you as you create links to modules using the Rich Content Editor.  For example, if you had a button image or text that you wanted to link to a specific module in your course, you can do that using the RCE without needing to know the module ID number.  While editing your page, select your button image or highlight the text that you want to make as a link, and then click on the link icon on the RCE, and choose "Course Link".  You'll then see a set of choices on the right side of your screen, and you can click the icon next to "Modules" to expand it, and then you can select the specific module that you want to link to.  So, no module ID number is necessary for you to know when making this link.  Further details and screenshots on this process can be found in this Guide:

How do I create hyperlinks to course or group content in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes