Lockdown Browser

Jump to solution
sselke
Community Novice

How can I provide the same exam for just 1 student who is exempt from the lockdown browser?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @sselke  - I wish there were an easier way to do this, but you will basically have to create a copy of that quiz.  I assume you are using classic quizzes and not new quizzes.  (The reason I say that is because I don't think LockDown Browser works (yet) with new quizzes; but if I'm wrong on that, let me know because I'm curious myself!) I am not aware of any way to not have LockDown Browser settings for just one student, since the LockDown setting stays with the entire quiz.  So basically, you have to create a duplicate of your current one.

Unlike new quizzes, you cannot easily duplicate a classic quiz, as outlined on this comparison chart.  You must instead use one of the methods outlined by the wise  @kmeeusen ‌ when answering a similar question here: How does one duplicate a quiz (or have a roundabout way)?  In the off-chance that the copy does not have a -2 after it when re-imported, before you go through the process of the course import if you go that route, hover your mouse over the existing (first) quiz and note the assignment ID number at the very end of the URL.  It will look something like: /quizzes/12345. That will ultimately be your key as to which one is the original quiz and which one, when imported, will be the new one if they wind up with the exact same name.  You can then edit that quiz as normal--obviously NOT enabling LockDown Browser for it--and assign it just to the one student, as outlined here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240  .

I hope this helps a bit, Seth.

View solution in original post