cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slantz
Community Member

Lost discussion responses

Jump to solution

I need to find out if it's normal when  replying during a discussion, to lose all text when I leave that that page to check a punctuation matter, or leave to paste something in my missive - I lose all my text and have to start again.  Is there a place my previous missive is stored, or is it lost?

S Lantz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @slantz  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Your situation certainly does not sound normal at all.  Did you have Canvas open and then open a new tab in your browser to check the punctuation matter on a different website...only to return later on to the Canvas tab where you saw your discussion text had be lost?  If that is the case, I have four additional tabs open in Chrome as I am typing this response, and I can click on any of them and return to typing this response to you.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to the folks at the Canvas help desk to see if they might be able to shed any light on this.  I'm not sure if they'd be able to recover the text for you (especially if it was not saved), though.  Sometimes, people in the Community suggest typing their responses "offline" an then pasting in the text into the RCE (Rich Content Editor) when they are ready to post a reply.

Here are some Guides for you:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @slantz  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Your situation certainly does not sound normal at all.  Did you have Canvas open and then open a new tab in your browser to check the punctuation matter on a different website...only to return later on to the Canvas tab where you saw your discussion text had be lost?  If that is the case, I have four additional tabs open in Chrome as I am typing this response, and I can click on any of them and return to typing this response to you.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to the folks at the Canvas help desk to see if they might be able to shed any light on this.  I'm not sure if they'd be able to recover the text for you (especially if it was not saved), though.  Sometimes, people in the Community suggest typing their responses "offline" an then pasting in the text into the RCE (Rich Content Editor) when they are ready to post a reply.

Here are some Guides for you:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

slantz
Community Member

Of, I have it.  I need to keep a couple of tabs open.  I can do that.  Thanks so much for the quick response.  I was moving back and forth in one tab.  I'm not certain I've seen a save button on my text box, I'll have to check that out.  Thanks a lot!  Lesson learned.

s