Message Students Who-advanced set up

Jump to solution
KellyPerez20
Community Novice

Are you able to set up the 'Message Students Who' feature in advance? I'd like to get all messages set up prior to the start of the semester and have them stay in the gradebook for future semesters as a way to reach out to students who did not submit an assignment. Is this possible or does it have to be done after the deadline of the assignment?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@KellyPerez20 

I do not know what you mean by set the messages up in advance?  If you go to the gradebook and click on the ellipses for the assignment, the "message students who" link is available and you can pick the criteria you want.  This message can be sent anytime for an assignment(i.e. 1 day left you could message all students who have yet to submit).  You have to write the message at that time - you can't pre-save messages and select the one you want.

If it is the fact that you have several messages you want to create before the class starts, then you will have to save them in a file and just copy and paste the message from the file into the subject field of the message.

If that is not the information you were looking for, respond back. 

View solution in original post