Missing Course on Dashboard

Jump to solution
HF11
Community Novice

All but one class shows up on my dashboard. I registered for it over a month ago and it has been paid for. I worry because it's an online class and I don't want to miss out on anything I'm able to begin as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do so I can gain access to the materials?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@HF11 ...

Sorry to read that you aren't seeing one of your courses in your Canvas environment.  Unfortunately, Canvas Community members won't be able to help with anything enrollment related because we only have access to our own Canvas environments...we do not have access to your Canvas environment or any of your courses.

First, make sure that your course is not listed on the "All Courses" page of your Canvas environment.

How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?

If you see your course listed there but it is not "published" yet, then your instructor has not yet made the content available to you and your classmates.  Instructors must publish their courses in order for you to start course work.

If the course is not listed there, then you will need to contact folks at your school who can help with this.  Often, a school will have an Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning team that can help you with requests like this.  I am not sure if this page will help at all, but I found it on your school's website, so I thought I'd share with you in case you wanted to try contacting their support team:

Technology Services (rockvalleycollege.edu)

Hopefully you'll be able to connect with someone soon to get access to your course.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@RebeccaWorrell ...

I do not work for Regent University, so unfortunately, I won't be able to give you the exact specifics on how they handle course enrollments with respect to Canvas.  Similar to my reply to @HF11 above, Canvas Community members here do not have access to your University's Canvas environment, your courses, or any of your other Student Information Systems.

If you are missing a course in Canvas, first go to your "All Courses" screen to see if your course is listed there.

How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?

If your course is listed there, it may be unpublished.  Your instructor needs to publish the course in order for you and your classmates to gain access to the content.  Typically, instructors will publish their courses on the official start date or maybe a day or two prior.  If your course does not appear somewhere on the "All Courses" page, then you will need to reach out to Regent University's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning team.  They would best be able to help you troubleshoot this and get you the access you need.  I found this page on their website which may be of help:

Regent University & Canvas | Regent University

On this page, there is a link to an e-mail address within the last paragraph on the page.  That is the only contact information I'm finding at this time, so I'd encourage you to use that address a.s.a.p. to try and get assistance with your course.

Hopefully this information will be enough to help you get the info you need to get access to your course.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes