Missing tabs

Jump to solution
jdelosreyes
Community Novice

Hello, I am missing a couple of tabs on canvas when I open one of my course. Tabs such as the grades, assignments, discussions, and syllabus. I only have the home, outcomes, library and brainfuse available. Please get back to me regarding this unusual display. 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @jdelosreyes ...

It is entirely possible that your instructor has chosen to hide course navigation menu items such as "Grades", "Assignments", "Discussions", etc.  (Though, I'll admit that it does seem a bit strange to hide at least the "Grades" menu item.)  Many instructors will make all their content available via the "Modules" course navigation menu, but it looks like that is also hidden from your view.  However, your instructor can choose to show your modules on the "Home" page, so you actually do have access to your modules in your course.  All this being said, I would highly suggest that you reach out to your instructor to ask him/her why those course navigation menu items you are looking for are hidden.  I would think your instructor would want to allow you to see your "Grades" page, but that is not my call to make.  You can contact your instructor by following the steps in this Guide:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Good luck as you have these conversations with your instructor!

View solution in original post

0 Likes