New Outcomes Interface Trouble!!!

Jump to solution
ProfMartin
Community Explorer

HELP! Today (July 28, 2022) I noticed the Outcomes interface is different. I can click on the outcome to edit or remove it, however, I can no longer click on the outcome to see the aligned items and artifacts. I need this info so I can do my SLO reports for the Summer class that just ended. PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you @ProfMartin for including those screenshots. They show that Improved Outcomes Management has been enabled for your Canvas instance, and unfortunately our ability to view aligned items and artifacts is not supported with this new Outcomes interface. (Based on how you use the Outcomes interface, it probably does not feel like the new one is "Improved" at all.)

Fortunately, turning Improved Outcomes Management can be done by the local system administrator per the July 16 release notes. They can disable Improved Outcomes Management on the Feature Options tab of your account's Settings page (screenshot attached). This is a change for the entire instance, and hopefully the importance of SLO reports will provide the necessary justification. 

I checked the Product Roadmap and see hope for the near future: In Q3 2022, instructors will be able to view Outcome alignments and align Outcomes to instructional content. In the meantime, please keep an eye on upcoming Canvas Releases to find out when Improved Outcomes Management won't have to be disabled to view alignment.

Account Settings page with Improved Outcomes Management disabledAccount Settings page with Improved Outcomes Management disabled

View solution in original post