No file option under synchronous assignments

Jump to solution
levd
Community Novice

This is an urgent question. I have been having students post assignments on Canvas for years. I set up an assignment under 'synchronous assignment' only to realize that there is no way for students to post the assignment there. I tried editing to allow file uploads but it does not provide that option!

I have a quiz posted under Asynchronous assignments. Can I have students post it there AND take the quiz? Will posting a file there ruin the quiz?

Is it not possible for students to post assignments for my use with speed-reader under the synchronous heading -- or how can I edit the assignment to allow for file submissions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@levd , thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, a unique issue such as this one isn't something our members will be able to address from a distance. Your best course of action would be to use one of the direct support options on the school's help menu (which your institution has re-named "Get Help" on the global navigation bar). I'd recommend using the "Zoom Help" option which would allow someone to look directly at the course, the modules, and the configuration of the assignments within each module, to help get this resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes