cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troyer_59
Community Participant

No profile picture with copied course announcements

Jump to solution

I have a class where the instructor copied everything from one course into another. Something that did NOT copy was the profile picture associated with his Announcements. I copied some announcements from one into another and I'm seeing the same thing. In the picture, "Scheduled Announcment" was made fresh in the course while "Delayed Posting - 1:28 PM" and "Guest Lecturer February 23" were copied in.

I've tried editing the copied announcements to see if that pulls the profile picture but it does not. 

The profile picture is also not a part of the editable HTML code. Other than deleting and re-adding them, any other thoughts?

screenshot of missing profile picture with copied over announcements

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

Many schools use a master-course model (or blueprint model) where a course is designed by an Instructional Designer, then is copied into course shells for each instructor for that course.  Since the ID isn't the instructor, their information is removed from course content when it's copied to prevent student confusion.  The only way to "fix" this is to copy the announcement content into a new announcement and post it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
troyer_59
Community Participant

FWIW, I also tried deleting the announcements that had no profile picture and "undeleting" them and no dice.

abunag
Community Champion

Many schools use a master-course model (or blueprint model) where a course is designed by an Instructional Designer, then is copied into course shells for each instructor for that course.  Since the ID isn't the instructor, their information is removed from course content when it's copied to prevent student confusion.  The only way to "fix" this is to copy the announcement content into a new announcement and post it.

View solution in original post

fritzmichele
Community Member

I re-use my announcements from term to term.  Much of the content is similar--reminders about upcoming assignments, tests, and so forth.  The "U" in the circle is very annoying.  It seems to me that when I edit the announcement to change the date to display it, the software should put my profile picture into the announcement if there is none.

This is still a bug.

--Michele Fritz (De Anza College)

ehouswor
Community Participant

I completely agree - it should at least be an option to push your own profile picture forward. I am adding my profile image to the start of the announcement to compensate. 

annespinoza
Community Participant

This is dumb. So I have to keep retyping the announcement or copy/paste to each course/hour every semester or else deal with the anonymous U ?