cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmenon
Community Member

Notification to Faculty

Jump to solution
Hello, We are new to Canvas, went live 6/1. We are Canvas ILP. I have question on notification to faculty.  Does anyone know if Canvas send alert/notification/email to  faculty when student(s) are added their courses ? In our case, we have section build in Colleague and students register using Self-service. 

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Thank you. 

-Thila
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@tmenon We do the same thing as @chofer but I setup one of my courses as a self-enroll course and then in my notifications, in the bottom section there is Alerts -> Administrative Notifications

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 10.45.52 AM.png

Switch that to either Notify Immediately or Daily based on your preference and when people click to join your course, a few minutes later it will generate an email to the course instructor telling you who joined your course.

-Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @tmenon ...

I am not sure if this is possible or not.  Students at our college register through our Banner SIS (Student Information System), and those enrollments are sent through to Canvas.  If I recall correctly, I think we just recently enabled an option that students get notified via e-mail that they are enrolled in one or more Courses.  But, I do not believe that the instructors of those courses get notified of student enrollments...which is what you are asking.  I am not sure if other schools have other ways to accomplish this or not, so I'll have to let others respond.  I don't handle the whole enrollment process from our SIS to Canvas, so I cannot give the details on that, but I wanted to provide a general idea of how it works for us.  Hope this is helpful in some way.

tmenon
Community Member

Thank you for your feedback. I'll keep checking in the the community for more suggestion. 

nwilson7
Community Champion

@tmenon We do the same thing as @chofer but I setup one of my courses as a self-enroll course and then in my notifications, in the bottom section there is Alerts -> Administrative Notifications

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 10.45.52 AM.png

Switch that to either Notify Immediately or Daily based on your preference and when people click to join your course, a few minutes later it will generate an email to the course instructor telling you who joined your course.

-Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post