Open "Report a problem" in New Window?

Jump to solution
DonnaLove
Community Explorer

When I start typing in the "Report a problem" box, I inevitably have to reference a specific term or location and ofter when I navigate back to the Report text box, the pane closes and I lose my message. I am learning to type out my case on a Google doc before Reporting but is there a way to open that pane in a new window?  I have tried right-clicking to "open in a new tab or window" but it opens a new site page instead.  I would love to have an expanded window, that is not at the mercy of an inadvertent click, in which to type.  Thanks.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @DonnaLove ...

I can understand the frustration of having that slide-out window where "Report a Problem" is on top of what you are looking at...and then having to reference it later on.  Your solution of having another document open to type out your issue seems good.  It's my understanding, however, that when you use "Report a Problem", once you submit your issue, it's actually submitting some additional metadata along with your submission that you don't see.  That's one of the reasons why I always suggest to our faculty that when they need to use "Report a Problem", that they be on the screen where they are experiencing the issue.  So, chances are that Canvas Support already knows a bit more about where you are within your course (though it never hurts to also include that information in your ticket submission).

If you wanted to submit this as a Feature Idea so that Instructure considers changing the behavior of how the "Report a Problem" link works, you can do that by following these Guides:

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes