Option to enable ePub downloads not available

Jump to solution
GinaAsalon
Community Explorer

Hello! I have an instructor who wants to quickly grab PDFs of all the pages in one of her courses (i.e. without having to go page-by-page). I gather that I can do this by downloading the course as an ePub file and converting it to PDF. Is this correct?

And if so, I am having trouble enabling ePub downloads. I am a Canvas admin, so I should be able to do as much as our platform allows, but I'm not seeing the option to enable ePub download in the Settings>Feature Options of that particular course (or in any other course that I've checked). I've attached a screenshot of what I see on the Feature Options page.

So, my question is this: do I not have this option because my organization doesn't have it enabled for our instance of Canvas, or is there something I need to do first in order to enable this option?

I hope this makes sense, and thank you in advance for any guidance!

Best,
Gina

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Gina,

For the ePub Exporting option to be available to courses, it has to be at least unlocked in your root Canvas account (and then any subaccounts the course is under).  Having the option unlocked simply means instructors will have the choice to enable is in the course feature options area.  Since you don't see it in the feature options area, I will guess it's disabled and locked that way either at the root account level or in one of the subaccounts that this course is contained under.  You can check the account settings -> feature options pages you have access to and unlock it if you have the access.  If you don't see it, you may need to contact your primary root Canvas administrator (assuming that's not you) to unlock it at the root level.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post