Outcome Alignments Not Showing?

alyssa_smith3
Community Member

I am trying to differentiate for my students by tagging questions in their daily warmup (created in New Quizzes) with certain standards. I created Outcomes for each standard and tagged each question appropriately. Each question shows an Outcome alignment when you look at it in Build. I followed these instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-align-an-outcome-to-a-quiz-question-in-...

When I go to the Outcomes page, it shows no alignments. I have aligned more than a hundred quiz questions already. The only way I can get it to show any alignments is if I put the Outcomes on the whole quiz at the top of the build page, but then the mastery reports reflect whole-quiz scores, not the individual questions. I have 3 standards I'm trying to assess and by adding all three to the quiz they all get lumped together in the mastery report. A 15 question warmup tagged with all three Outcomes at the top reports the same whole-quiz scores for all three outcomes and completely ignores the individual question outcome tags. If I don't put all three (or any) outcomes at the top of the quiz it shows no alignments at all.

How do I get Canvas to recognize individual question alignment to Outcomes instead of whole quiz scores?

Labels (2)