Page jumps to h5p documentation tool

MMatheas
Community Explorer

Hi everyone,

We are having a problem with a course we have created in Canvas.

This is the situation: we have a h5p documentation tool embedded over a series of four pages. It's the same documentation tool. 

When users click on next, what happens is the page jumps directly to the documentation tool (which is near the bottom of the page). 

It doesn't always happen, it seems to be temperamental. I've logged into the course as a member of staff and as a student as well, and it's hit or miss with both. For a couple of days it was fine when I logged in as a student, but for a colleague who also has a student account, it would jump to the h5p on 2 of the 4 pages. Then after a couple of days, it started happening for me too when I logged in as a student. When I'm logged in as a member of staff, it usually happens, on all four pages, but not always. There's no rhyme or reason. 

Basically, it makes for a terrible user experience as users have to notice, and then scroll up to do the pre-reading. It's possible that some students won't notice the jump and assume they're at the top of the page, which would be even worse.

Has anyone come across this issue before? What could be causing it? Does anyone have a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Maria

0 Likes