Passback between Canvas and Synergy Interaction

Jump to solution
BryceMolony
Community Member

I just started using passback and noticed that when I sync my grades, that it will affect the points of the assignment in the transfer. In synergy, they allow you to affect the "weighting" of an assignment in a category by changing the number of points it is worth. I set all my assignments to 1 point since I use weighted categories already. The problem I have is that when it syncs an assignment, it puts the max score and points as the same number, affecting the way everything is graded. I am able to edit the points in synergy back to 1 point each, but it is very tedious doing this for each course I have and for each assignment I do. I was wondering if there was a work around to make it so that my assignments don't auto change the points within synergy, but keep the same max score for an assignment? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @BryceMolony 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with Grade Passback! If points are changing in Synergy after being synced, you may want to reach out to Synergy regarding why they are changing. 

With SIS or grade passback, sometimes our Support Agents need to take a deeper look at what is going on with the assignments. You may also want to contact Canvas Support to look further into this. 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions! 

View solution in original post