Posting grades is not allowed because grades have not been released for this assignment.

Jump to solution
john1344
Community Explorer

I had to adjust the assignment settings after there were submissions. Now I am unable to post the grades by making them visible in Speed Grader. When I click on the EYE icon, this alert comes up. 

Canvas Grade Posting Alert.png

When I go into GRADEBOOK and try to release the grades, the option for posting grades is grayed out and not responsive. 

Gradebook Grade Posting Policy.png

Has anyone had the same problem? Any ideas on why this is happening or how it can be resolved?  Thank you in advance! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cassidy_reed
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

HelloJames,

Thank you for contacting Canvas support. After checking this assignment out, it looks like none of the submissions have been graded. This would need to be done through speed grader. Even though the assignment itself is worth 0 points you would still need to score the submissions, even if they were all 0's. Once there are scores in there then the ability to "Post Grades" will not be grayed out.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

Thank you and have a great day

Cassidy R.
L1 Canvas Support
support@instructure.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes