Question/Answer feedback errors when migrating a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz

Jump to solution
stewartk1
Community Participant

When migrating a quiz from classic to new any question-level feedback for answering the question correctly is migrated as correct answer feedback overriding any existing answer-level feedback for that answer option and creating answer-level feedback if none exists. This does not happen with question/answer-level feedback for incorrect answers.

In this example I included feedback at both the answer and question level on the classic quiz, but after migration the answer-level feedback for the correct answer option was overwritten by the question-level feedback for answering the question correctly.MC-A Classic.pngMC-A Migrated.png

In this example there was no answer-level feedback for the correct answer but there was question-level feedback for the correct answer. After migration the question-level feedback was put in at the answer-level.

MC-B Classic.pngMC-B Migrated.png

1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @stewartk1 

I took a look at your examples and tried to find documentation that might address this behavior but didn't come across anything that specific. 

Does the same thing happen if you were to export the quiz QTI for the Class Quiz and then import it as a New Quizzes quiz?

I did find where another user had reported this behavior in the past. It appears to be working as intended for the moment, though I wanted to share the following quote from part of the Community Team:

"Our product team is aware that there are a lot of improvements to be made to New Quizzes. As I'm not sure if that behavior is intended or not, I'd recommend submitting a support case so that our Support team can investigate. They can take a look and see if the code is intended to do so but isn't functioning correctly, or if the functionality just doesn't exist yet. If it doesn't, I'd recommend submitting a feature idea in the Ideas space to get your idea documented for our product team. They're using the Ideas space to keep track of enhancement ideas, so your idea is important!"

View solution in original post

0 Likes