Quiz Fails to Record Student Answers - possible?

Jump to solution
ChristinaT2020
Community Member

Hi!

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced students' answers in a quiz not being recorded?

Currently have a student who has submitted his final exam and after reviewing his final grade is not happy. When we released the quiz along with students' chosen answers and correct/incorrect answers, he claims that half his answers have not been recorded by Canvas. (many are left blank).

I've never heard of a case where Canvas has not recorded a student's answers in a quiz. This quiz was a mixture of MC and Short answers.

In fact before a student submits, Canvas will show a list of unanswered questions and ask if you are sure you want to submit.

1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

I have not heard of this happening in several years, and then it happened when students completed quiz activities on their mobile device. That was over three years ago.

Can you check the quiz log and student access report to verify what the student is saying? The quiz log might show he at least clicked on those questions and the timing of those clicks.  The access report might show him leaving the exam and clicking to other resources in Canvas. 

View solution in original post