Quiz ending behavior when no time limit is set

Jump to solution
mwarner2
Community Member

I am finding a lot of conflicting information on this topic and need to know to prevent future problems. If I have a quiz that does not have a time limit set but does have an Available From and Until date and times set, what will the student see if they work past the Until time?

2 Solutions
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, @mwarner2!

Regardless if you have a time limit or not, students are not able to work beyond the until date (due date). If they are taking the quiz lets say 5 minutes before it's due, they will receive a notification while taking the quiz that it will be automatically submitted in 5 minutes. 

If they leave the quiz then come back to it after the until time, the quiz will already be submitted and they will only see the submission details, as well as the correct/incorrect answers (if you choose to have those enabled).

Students are not able to continue working on the quiz beyond the until time.

Hope this helps you out, reach out with any questions.

Noah

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Nope. I just tried changing the until time while having a student account taking a quiz in one of my courses, and it still automatically submitted at the original until time.

However with the time limit, you're able to give students more time as they're taking the quiz.

View solution in original post

0 Likes