Re: How do I add a rubric to a quiz?

Jump to solution
TrishaMeyer
Community Member

Hi Canvas Community,

My exam contain two types of questions, for which I would like to use two different rubrics. There are four exam questions in total.

It seems that quizzes/assignments can only be linked to one rubric at a time. In addition, I think I can only enter the score on the rubric once, while I need to apply the rubric to each question. Do you know how I can solve these problems? Is the only solution to create multiple parts (four mini-quizzes/assignments) for one exam?

Finally, I read above that I cannot use the rubrics for grading in quizzes. Does this mean that a) the rubric cannot be used to automatically calculate the grade (as is the case in assignments), nor b) students see how they scored on a question based on the rubrics?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@TrishaMeyer glad you found the right guide to help you add a rubric to a quiz.  Right now a rubric can only be applied to a quiz as a whole and not to individual questions.  There is an idea conversation occurring that you may want to check out? It explores the idea of adding rubrics to each question.  

One way we've seen other solve for this as it functions now is to place criteria in the rubric specific to each question.   (ex.  Q1. achievement, Q2 achievement...)

View solution in original post