Re-ordering a quiz bank

Jump to solution
hawkb
Community Member

Is there a way to rearrange the order of the questions in a question bank? I'm working with a question bank that has 50 elements from the periodic table. I want them to be in order by atomic number so they will be easy to assign to a quiz. I did not originally create the questions in that order because I started with a quiz with specific elements then decided that a bank would be a better solution going forward. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Champion

Howdy  @hawkb ,

There might be a creative work-around that I'm not aware of. However, I do not believe that you can re-order questions in question banks. When you "find questions" and add them to a quiz, that would be the area where you order the questions- within a quiz itself.

If I am working with questions in a question bank that need to be in a particular order within a quiz, I always make sure that the title of the question is changed from the default "Question" to the number (or a unique title) for which you want its order, either "01" or "Q01", then "02" etc.

That might be a cool feature to have though Canvas is focused on developing & enhancing Quizzes.Next - the new quizzing engine. To check out the progress and features for the new quizzes see the following - Priority: Quizzes.Next: General Availability

Thanks for your question; hope that helps.

Sky V.

View solution in original post

0 Likes