cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzs80
Community Member

Receiving notification of comments/replies on single student discussion board post

Jump to solution

This is a question from the STUDENT END of Canvas:

Is there a way that I can received notification that a comment has been made on my original discussion post?  For example, on Facebook, when someone comments on something that you posted, you get a notification of the person's name and the post they commented on.  When I receive notification e-mails from Canvas, I get notification of ALL of the posts, but really I just want to know if someone commented directly on my post, or replied to a comment I made on their post.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tzs80 

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

Currently, the ability to receive specific notifications from individual items in Canvas does not exist.  There have been a number of feature requests for this functionality in the past with this one https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3663-notifications-by-course getting a lot of support.

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

I'm not sure that post you referred me to is requesting the same thing - their request is much more broad.  Do you by chance know if there have been requests for specific comment notifications from others?  

Thank you for your reply,

Tiffany

tzs80
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you.  This is exactly what I was looking for.